Wednesday, April 15, 2015

To Fat 1

Weight Watchers is a great program. I don't think that they have enough emphasis on exercise, but in reality, weight loss is probably 80-85% (or even more) about the food that you eat. So it's a great program.

If you do it right, basically you eat a lot of whole foods, a lot of fresh foods, low fat, high fiber...you know, all of the stuff that you know you should be eating.

If you go off of the program, it doesn't work anymore.

It took a little while, but slowly the bad habits came back. Eating crap whenever it came up, drinking sugared soda, not really caring about what I was eating. And then I did start caring, but in the wrong way.

Weight has a way of starting to creep back on. And remember what I wrote about having an un-diagnosed eating disorder? Well, a few years of that, and I gained back about 90% of what I lost.

THAT SUCKS.

Over the ensuing years, I went up and down some. I ended up doing fairly well for a while, and got down to 250 or so before a trip to Hawaii. I SHOULD have been down to 230, but for the month before the trip I relaxed again.

If there's one thing that I know, it is that I can lose weight. When I follow a program, it WORKS. When I exercise 5-6 days a week, I love it. But it is HARD. It really is.

I'm not complaining. The fact that I CAN lose weight is a comfort. I know people that no matter how hard they try it just doesn't work. But I am also not going to minimize what it is that I get to deal with. This. Is. Hard.

So in the end, I end up at around 300 pounds again, losing and gaining the same 10 pounds or so. But always a slight upward trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment