Monday, August 31, 2015

Another day, another loss.

That feels good to be able to say. In the month since I've started this dietbet, I've gone from over 297 (Probably about 300 to 301) to 282.2. Certainly over 15 pounds, probably closer to 16 or 17. That's exactly what I was shooting for. My official dietbet weigh-in is tomorrow. Now in general, I weigh before getting dressed, so the weight may be slightly higher tomorrow, but I don't mind that. So I'll post a picture of my OFFICIAL weigh-in in the morning.

I found last night that one scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 cup of skim milk, and about a cup or so of frozen strawberries hit with a stick blender is actually pretty darned good. That one's a keeper.

I've been thinking recently about exercise. Probably because I haven't been doing any. I'm going to start getting back on that particular wagon this week. Starting today at lunch. I have decided to raise my calorie intake, just a little, on the days where I actually get to the gym. I'm going to start with a bit of cardio for the next few weeks to make sure to get back into it slowly - walking, with running interspersed. After another few pounds down (10-15 or so, basically until October), I'm going to start adding circuit training again.

I have some goals coming up. And at least one trip planned. Over Halloween my family and I will be heading out to a city about 4 hours south of here for a band competition for my oldest daughter. Halloween is about 9 kinds of triggers all in itself, and with a 72 hour trip thrown in? It has all of the earmarks of personal backsliding and disaster.

And so it will be, if I do nothing between now and the end of October to get ready and make some plans. But I don't intend to allow this to kill the goodness that I'm doing. To be honest, the dietbet is going to go a long way in making sure that I'll keep on track. There's something about the accountability that I just love.

But that won't be enough. So - in the interim, I have to make sure that I've stuck with my eating and exercise, that I've created even more good habits, and that I've made an actual PLAN about how to deal with the weekend.

That is on its way. Before I leave, I will have my written plan for how to not just survive the weekend, but to lose more weight while I'm gone.

I do know that the one uncomditional MUST be - I won't eat any candy of any sort. I may have a treat of some kind that day, but it won't be sugar.

Time to get to work - but I will try to post later about my workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment