Friday, August 28, 2015

Fallout from yesterday

Well, I didn't eat much yesterday other than lunch. I had a yogurt smoothie in the evening, but that was it.

This morning I weighed again. I was down .4. I'm quite happy with that.

I can do this. I can go out - EVERY SO OFTEN - without any ill effects. But - and here's what I think is the key - it has to be the rare exception, and not the rule. And when I go, I have to keep within the realm of what a normal human being should eat.

Here is part of my problem: I think that the little sensor in my stomach - whatever it is that tells the brain that you're full - is broken. I left lunch yesterday, after eating too much food, and I still felt hungry. In the past, I'd stop when I was feeling uncomfortable - I could feel the physical fullness to where it hurt - and I would still feel hungry.

So I need to pay meticulous attention to what I eat. If I pay attention, don't go too nuts, and only do this occasionally, then everything is going to be all right.

That's the theory. We'll see how practice goes.

3 comments:

  1. I used to feel the same way, I would leave a restaurant and would still feel hungry. I've since learned that feeling wasn't hunger, but rather my body was craving sugar. Since I gave up sugar that feeling isn't there and when I've had too much to eat it feel different now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FogDog - Well, I've gone off of sugar for longer periods of time now - about 2 months for the first time, and going on a month for the second time. Sadly, it hasn't appreciably fixed this issue. Pretty much 24x7 I'm "hungry". I'm with you in that I think that the feeling isn't hunger, but while I am 100% sure that I have a sugar problem and I tend to eat too much too often, I don't think that my "hunger" issues stem from sugar.

    Not to say that I'm going BACK to sugar - I'm not. Too many calories for no value. But I do need to figure out what it is that my body is craving. Hopefully someday I'll find it. That would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete