Monday, August 17, 2015

Another Monday morning

So I "ran" a 10K on Saturday. I put the "ran" in quotes, not because I was slow, but because I did not run all 6.1 miles. I think I would have been able to do much better, but I have to say that cutting out most carbohydrates the week before a race is NOT the best way to get a good time.

Not that I care, mind you. I was just happy to go all the way to the end. The only real issue is that without any carbs, I had ZERO energy after about mile 3.

I did decide to eat a piece of bread with peanut butter on the morning of the race. It was probably the right thing to do.

But I went straight back to no more refined carbs again.

Still feeling strong. Right where I want to be.

***Edit***

Forgot to add...

Due to some mixup in ordering, instead of a small trinket that finishers were supposed to be given on finishing, everyone got the large medal that was supposed to be given to the winners. :) Kinda fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment