Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cravings. What?

Yeah, so cravings hit yesterday a bit harder than I had expected. For the first time in a few weeks there was some serious temptation. Didn't give in, that's what's most important, but man, this stuff is hard.

Oddly enough it was the day before I went out to lunch with work. We hit a milestone, and my boss took us all to a local Brazilian grill. Quite happy with how it went - Ate a huge salad, kept myself to WAY less meat than I wanted. Still, it was way more calories than I usually eat.

I had thought that we might do something like that today, so I didn't eat breakfast. I'm pretty sure that dinner will be just a protein shake, so I should be good for the day.

The good news is that it was fairly easy to stick to no refined carbs. Two very small pieces of bread - about the size of a silver dollar. That was it. But man, the meat...LOTS of yummy skewered meat. Too good.

I did also stick to the diet soda. Even though their bottomless flavored Brazilian lemonades are incredible. No point in drinking an extra thousand calories.

I know that in my life things like this are going to happen. There is no way that for the rest of my life I won't go out to eat. It's a part of the culture that I live in. So I'm going to see how this goes today. And then tomorrow. And then the weekend. If I'm still good on Monday, I'll be good.

Speaking of the weekend - I'm going to be adding back in just a few types of carbs starting Saturday. One slice of wheat bread, maybe a tortilla, things like that. I don't want to go back to eating peanut butter sandwiches all day long, but I need some more carbs.

Still - I want to keep off of what my trainer calls "Crack carbs." Those things that you eat a little and crave them. No sugar. No sugar drinks. Keep off of the cookies/cake. At the very least until I get much closer to weight.

I'm conflicted about what to do about desserts and the like for the rest of my life. On one hand, I'd like to be able to have a treat here and there. On the other hand, I know what they do to me.

For now, though, I'm keeping those things out of either hand.

Moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment