Monday, August 10, 2015

Slow start, but WORKING.

My last post was about joining a 6-month DietBet. The first 5 days were trying one thing after another to get food under control. It didn't work too well.

It took until day 6 - FINALLY. I have decided to go drastic for the next month or so. I have cut out ALL refined carbohydrates. Bread, rice, sugar, flour, all of it gone for the next while. So far, it has been great.

I'm on day 3 of this. I did it in the past - back when I joined the weight-loss competition, this is something that my trainer had me do for a month. It is hard. I know for a fact that I have addiction issues with food, specifically sugar. Well, the withdrawals have kicked in - I have had some serious headaches since Saturday.

But I have so far been able to stick with it. If I am not eating too many simple carbs, I'm not craving as much.

AS MUCH, that is. I'm still hungry. But it is easier.

Once the next few weeks pass, it is going to get significantly easier. At least, that is what happened last time.

So things are good. I went the wrong way for the first 5 days, and I'm going the right way now.

Day 3 is fine. It's going to take 6 months to see how it truly works.

No comments:

Post a Comment